Old 09-09-2006, 04:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst Chas Hurst is offline

Default MTD 5/24 Track Snowblower--- Any good?

"dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an opportunity to pick up an MTD 5/24 Track Drive Snowblower,
for a very resonable price.
Could someone give me their opinion as to whether it is any good.

I have a 8/24 Toro wheel drive, and it is just too much snowblower. I
was looking for something smaller and this fell into my lap. There are
a million MTD snowblowers out there, so they must be OK,,, Just don't
know if the 5 hp motor is enough for a foot or so of snow.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Dave

Your 8/24 Toro will handle a foot, or 2 inches of snow. Do you want to trade
a machine too big for a machine too small? I mean, don't you just love
blowing snow onto your neighbors yard?
I'm not impressed with track drive blowers.