Old 08-09-2006, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John McMillan John McMillan is offline

Default Non Invasive Bamboo

In article .com,
"Martin Brown" wrote:

Ideally I would like one that grows to at least 3m, has nice yellow or
green stems and can be held to a patch say 2m square without too much
long term difficulty. It also has to tolerate gale force winds and
North Yorkshire weather. I'd settle for other colours, but a chunky
tropical looking clumping bamboo for preference rather than thin stems.

You can go and have a look at a good range at Moor Monkton Nurseries
http://www.fernsuk.co.uk/home between Knaresborough and York.
There are lots of growers in Yorkshire with all sorts of species growing
happily. The only thing to be wary of is that bamboos are not very
salt tolerant so if you're on Filey Brigg you'll have problems.