Old 10-09-2006, 03:09 PM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze[_1_] Snooze[_1_] is offline

Default snake in the pond

"Barry" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I saw a snake in the pond as I fed the fish!
I don't know what is was as it moved quick!

Will it do any harm?
How can I get rid of it?

Barry

Depends on the type of snake. Some snakes such as the North American
cottonmouth and garter snake do hunt fish, many snakes will eat amphibians
such as frogs, newts and salamanders plus tadpoles.

If it came there naturally, probably kind of difficult to get rid of it,
unless you catch it and release it elsewhere. Let it be, see if you see any
fish missing, then decide what to do about it.

-S