Old 10-09-2006, 04:38 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_1_] Köi-Lö[_1_] is offline

Default snake in the pond

"Barry" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I saw a snake in the pond as I fed the fish!

I don't know what is was as it moved quick!

Will it do any harm?

How can I get rid of it?

Snakes and ponds go together. The snakes will eat any bird, fish or frog
they can swallow. Hope it isn't poisonous and be careful when you stick you
hands in your pond. I once went to remove what I thought was a rock from
the pond necklace that had fallen in. It was the butt of a snapping turtle.

You can't get rid of snakes as long as you have a pond. Even a bird net
wont keep them out as we found out this summer.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.