Old 12-09-2006, 09:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Too Late to Prune Privet Hedge...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Howdy all. I am tempted to give my privet hedge one last pruning before
fall sets in (zone 5). However, I am concerned about new growth being
exposed to the coming cold.

Should I just wait until late winter/early spring to prune it or do you
think it'd be okay to prune now. It would be a light pruning. Nothing
harsh. Just a gentle shearing.

Any input appreciated.
-Felder

I wish that something would kill privet round here. I have cut them to the
ground and put straight glyphosate on the stump and there is a 50.50 chance
they re-shoot the next year.

David