Old 13-09-2006, 03:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default Butternut Squash?

Have one of these springing up from homemade compost I put on the garden
from the seeds of a Butternut Squash scraped into the compost bin. We put
all our fruit and veg seeds in there for just this eventuality.

It's a truly splendid, massive, trailing plant with huge leaves, bright
yellow flowers and a scrambling, trailing habit. But it's only just setting
squashes. It seems a little late in the year. How long do they take to
develop and might we get away with it here in the south?

Les, Folkestone, Kent

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/