Old 13-09-2006, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default Butternut Squash?

"Les Hemmings" wrote in message
: Have one of these springing up from homemade compost I put on the garden
: from the seeds of a Butternut Squash scraped into the compost bin. We put
: all our fruit and veg seeds in there for just this eventuality.
:
: It's a truly splendid, massive, trailing plant with huge leaves, bright
: yellow flowers and a scrambling, trailing habit. But it's only just
setting
: squashes. It seems a little late in the year. How long do they take to
: develop and might we get away with it here in the south?
:
: Les, Folkestone, Kent
:
They are no problem in the south, they take normal sort of times to develop
over the summer , which means I haven't taken that much notice of how long,
except that it's not something that runs out of time if planted after frost
has gone.

www.rraa.moonfruit.com