Old 13-09-2006, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default weeds in driveways

"Neil Smith" wrote in message
Dear All,
due to lack of time I had to ignore the driveway. Now weeds and grass have
taken root to such an extent that quite a powerful pressurised washer
cannot shift them. Any suggestions that could avoid me spending days on my
hands and knees?
Neil

Sodium Chlorate is good for driveways. However, if your driveway runs right
alongside lawn or flowerbeds use something else as sodium chlorate may
spread through the soil a little way and kill other plants / lawn edge. In
that case you may just have time to use Glyphosate / Roundup - it works
better when weeds are growing vigorously in Spring and Summer so may not be
100% at this time of year.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk