Old 13-09-2006, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default weeds in driveways

ws.net, I, Marvo, say :

is a flamethrower good for moss too would you know (on asphalt)? I've not
found an efficient chemical and my back is getting too old
to scrape the stuff away every year

I don't fancy a karcher, can't bring myself to use all that water

A flamethrower destroys moss, grass, weeds, sycamores and pikeys quite
effectively.

A Karcher doesn't use as much water as you might imagine. If you look, the
water goes through a hosepipe and the fitting is a smallish diameter, you
use less per unit time than with a hose but it is pulsed to produce the
pressure required internally in the machine. Gas burning is as
planet-mauling as water usage.

Use the Karcher. You know you want to! Other advantage is you can safely get
some local teenage lad to do it for you with the Karcher, he will do it for
free because he likes using power machinery :-)