Old 13-09-2006, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam sam is offline

Default Butternut Squash?

Les Hemmings wrote:

It's a truly splendid, massive, trailing plant with huge leaves, bright
yellow flowers and a scrambling, trailing habit. But it's only just setting
squashes. It seems a little late in the year. How long do they take to
develop and might we get away with it here in the south?

Careful,Les, they can rampage all over the place.Pinch out the growing
tips when you think you've got enough.
Did you know that they can climb? They have tendrils and are much
more manageable that way.
Mine are just flowering and I don't expect a crop until next month, but
they are worth waiting for. Enjoy !