Old 13-09-2006, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Sweet Corn

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 BoyPete wrote:

I am quite new to gardening so please forgive me if I am asking a
stupid question.

I currently have some sweet corn which have now been in flower for
about two weeks and now the cobs are just starting to develop.

My question is that, if I am lucky and don't get a frost until mid
October will these cobs develop into nice sweet corn or is it just
too late in the year?

Where are you? Sounds a bit late to me......in London UK. I've grown
sweetcorn for a number of years, and they're all eaten by now.

Mine are just starting. We had the first this evening.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK