Old 14-09-2006, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Passionflower from seed ?

, I, Marvo, say :

Was at the local council tip this week dropping off a load of
greenery. Anyway, got chatting to a man who gave me some fruit from
his pasion flower climber and suggested I dried out the seeds and had
a go growing one. Apparently someone did the same for him 15 years
ago and its not taken over the garden !
I've removed the seeds from the fruit, washed them and have left them
on the windowsill to dry.
Any tips on where to go from here ?

I wouldn't plant them until spring, then put a few in small pots after
soaking for hours in quite warm water. After that, I would lob out the
weaklings when they sprout, then take advice from someone who had better
luck than me with ipomoea!