Old 14-09-2006, 12:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NC NC is offline

Default Passionflower from seed ?

Was at the local council tip this week dropping off a load of greenery.
Anyway, got chatting to a man who gave me some fruit from his pasion
flower climber and suggested I dried out the seeds and had a go growing
one. Apparently someone did the same for him 15 years ago and its not
taken over the garden !
I've removed the seeds from the fruit, washed them and have left them on
the windowsill to dry.
Any tips on where to go from here ?
Old 14-09-2006, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"NC" wrote in message
Was at the local council tip this week dropping off a load of greenery.
Anyway, got chatting to a man who gave me some fruit from his pasion
flower climber and suggested I dried out the seeds and had a go growing
one. Apparently someone did the same for him 15 years ago and its not
taken over the garden !
I've removed the seeds from the fruit, washed them and have left them on
the windowsill to dry.
Any tips on where to go from here ?

I planted some a couple of autumns ago and left them in the cold shed over
winter, come spring i watered and up popped lots of seedlings, kept some,
gave most away, as they grew they looked like bindweed ( at least the
cotelydon leaves did) so there was some doubt from those I donated to but
they grew very well - my parents now have 5 in a large pot - they have
covered the back of th house with loads of fruit, I have just been given
2 fruits to grow some more since we have moved leaving the plants in the old
garden

ps didn't dry the seeds out but planted into dry compost in their 'jelly'
then watered in spring
--

Old 15-09-2006, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NC NC is offline

NikV wrote:
"NC" wrote in message

[...]

thanks for the tips. I'll plant them into pots and forget about them in
the shed for a few months.