Old 14-09-2006, 04:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_3_] Köi-Lö[_3_] is offline

Default How deep to over winter fish?

"Henry & Carolyn" wrote in message
We live in SW Ontario and our pond is approximately the same size as
yours. We leave the pump running in the winter and cover the pond with a
clear, heavy plastic tarp. Unless we get a really long super cold snap,
the water stays open and the fish are fine. We have never lost any fish
during the winter and they even seem to grow!

That's what I plan to do with my above ground breeding tanks of 680g each.
They get sun most of the afternoon. We're hoping they get enough solar
radiation to keep the surface from freezing solid. Nights can get pretty
cold here in zone 6.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.