Old 16-09-2006, 02:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default 10 yo Toro 8HP snowblower

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
. ..

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
Owned by a couple in their 80's. Said it had less than 10 hours on it
- hasn't run in 3 years. Tomorrow I get a first shot at trying to get
it running. It's been in a garage and it has electric start. If I
can get the old gas cleaned out it should start right up.

Old gas won't be the problem. A varnished shut main jet or stuck float
will be more likely.
A good machine IIRC.

Yup - when I said "old gas" I really meant including cleaning it out.
I'll drop the bowl and disconnect the line in and squirt a little carb
cleaner thru the inlet. Try to start and if that doesn't work, take the
carb off and soak it.

You have recoil start rope on hand too? g