Old 16-09-2006, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Sweet Corn

"NM" wrote in message
Hi All

I am quite new to gardening so please forgive me if I am asking a stupid
question.

I currently have some sweet corn which have now been in flower for about
two weeks and now the cobs are just starting to develop.

My question is that, if I am lucky and don't get a frost until mid October
will these cobs develop into nice sweet corn or is it just too late in the
year?

I've been trying to find some (cheap) seed, but everywhere I look the only
seed available seems to be hybrids, are there sweetcorn seeds which are not
hybrids?

Alan