Old 21-03-2003, 03:08 AM

Default Plant compatibility

"paul" wrote in message .. .
I wasn't thinking of interactions, just given my water conditions what
plants would also grow well like java fern and annubias do in my tank.

As I recall, your tap water is pretty soft. If you raise the GH/KH to
3 degrees, you should be able to grow anything from a list of 300
species or so. Plants don't care as long as they have enough Ca/Mg
from the GH and KH is just part of the fuction of CO2. Plans only care
about CO2 level, not the KH or pH specifically. I've used waters from
0/0 GH/KH to 10KH/25GH.
The plants(all of them) do fine.

But if you dn't raise the GH/KH to these levels for one reason or
another, tougher hardier plants will do better generally. The plants
you mention are very tough.

Regards,
Tom Barr