Old 17-09-2006, 01:11 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst Chas Hurst is offline

Default She goes 10 yo Toro 8HP snowblower

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
Owned by a couple in their 80's. Said it had less than 10 hours on it -
hasn't run in 3 years. Tomorrow I get a first shot at trying to get it
running. It's been in a garage and it has electric start. If I can get
the old gas cleaned out it should start right up.

Pulled the gas line off the shut-off valve and let the old gas drain out.
Dropped the bowl and gas ran out through the float valve so I figured that
was OK. Cleaned the bowl out. Blasted a little carb cleaner through the
main jet. Put it back together & put a little fresh gas in. Plugged it
in and - lo and behold, she fired right off. Ran a little rough so I
opened up the main jet a little - and now I'll just change the oil and run
it. Well - two more things - the auger isn't disengaging properly. If I
get a chance I might look into it but more than likely I'll run it and see
if it loosens up. And when the shift lever is positioned in "1st" speed
forward it goes in reverse (damn near backed over me) LOL.

There ya go. Does it have the "record player" trans?