Old 17-09-2006, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Walnut identification ??

wrote:
Why do you think you might have either
a Buccaneer or a Broadview?

Purely because of the age when they started fruiting, and the
spreading of the branches.
So if I have a leaf of Regia and one from Buccaneer or a Broadview, I
would not be able to tell the difference ??.

You seem to know more than me then !! I have found a link below from
the Walnut Tree Company. It explains the comparision of leaves - in
more details than I had given you - well it also gives you the hybrid -
but I haven'g seen anything about Buccaneer nor Broadview (grafted
cultivars). The other link gives you some of the 100s of cultivars that
exist. You can see the difference with the leaf, as I explain, but it's
easier with the fruits, but you don't have any. Also the number of
leaves it gives on the site is different from the examples I have on my
Collins (Aas and Riedmiller).

http://www.walnuttrees.co.uk/FAQ.htm#species_look
http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Juglans+regia