Old 18-09-2006, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default URG meet 2007?

It seems a long way off atm but I'd like to float the idea of an urg meet
here next year. Depending on the various interests - if any - it could be
during school holidays or after they're over and the roads etc. are quieter.
There are plenty of B&Bs in this immediate area and as one or two of you
know already, we can take a couple of mobile homes. If anyone wants to come
from a fair distance, perhaps they could all talk to each other and double
up? For example, I know that Judith and June have both shown an interest in
coming here and they could, perhaps, travel together if
dates/times/commitments, permit? Of course, this might not work for them
and it's just an example but a getting together would share costs and
perhaps driving responsibilities, too?
OTOH, Totnes is our nearest station and Newton Abbot is not impossible from
a pick up pov. Yotties could even come up the Dart to Totnes on the right
tide!
For us, if a meet is to happen here, we have to avoid Bank Holidays which
are extremely busy times. Other than that we're open to ideas. It's been a
while since we've had an urg meet and it would be fun to have another, tying
it in, perhaps, with some time to holiday in Devon, too?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk