Old 18-09-2006, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default URG meet 2007?

It seems a long way off atm but I'd like to float the idea of an urg meet
here next year. Depending on the various interests - if any - it could be
during school holidays or after they're over and the roads etc. are quieter.
There are plenty of B&Bs in this immediate area and as one or two of you
know already, we can take a couple of mobile homes. If anyone wants to come
from a fair distance, perhaps they could all talk to each other and double
up? For example, I know that Judith and June have both shown an interest in
coming here and they could, perhaps, travel together if
dates/times/commitments, permit? Of course, this might not work for them
and it's just an example but a getting together would share costs and
perhaps driving responsibilities, too?
OTOH, Totnes is our nearest station and Newton Abbot is not impossible from
a pick up pov. Yotties could even come up the Dart to Totnes on the right
tide!
For us, if a meet is to happen here, we have to avoid Bank Holidays which
are extremely busy times. Other than that we're open to ideas. It's been a
while since we've had an urg meet and it would be fun to have another, tying
it in, perhaps, with some time to holiday in Devon, too?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 18-09-2006, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
[...]

That sounds like a very good idea. Work and family permitting, I would
be interested but from London would probably take the train.
--
June Hughes
Old 18-09-2006, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

It seems a long way off atm but I'd like to float the idea of an urg
meet here next year

Is it open to everyone ? If so, I'll bring protective headgear :-)

Old 18-09-2006, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
It seems a long way off atm but I'd like to float the idea of an urg meet
here next year. Sacha

snip
Hopefully our house/garden move will have been completed by then. We are
hopefully moving to gloucestershire so would be a bit closer.
Last meet I was at was at Kew when we had a plant swap too. Very enjoyable.
Have a daughter at Bovey Tracey and friends in Exeter so may be able to
combine both.

Old 18-09-2006, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Jim Paterson
writes

Last meet I was at was at Kew when we had a plant swap too.

Oh now that would be good
I could do that though I think it would take about 3 hours to drive down
wouldn't it Sacha?

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 18-09-2006, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Jim
Paterson writes

Last meet I was at was at Kew when we had a plant swap too.

Oh now that would be good
I could do that though I think it would take about 3 hours to drive
down wouldn't it Sacha?

G I wonder if Sacha is reading this? She is more likely to be
sitting in a bar with a glass of Madeira
--
June Hughes
Old 19-09-2006, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , June Hughes
writes
In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Jim
Paterson writes

Last meet I was at was at Kew when we had a plant swap too.

Oh now that would be good
I could do that though I think it would take about 3 hours to drive
down wouldn't it Sacha?

G I wonder if Sacha is reading this? She is more likely to be
sitting in a bar with a glass of Madeira

I knew I made people nervous when I suggested "a few cuttings to swap"
but NOT enough for them to emigrate
Old 19-09-2006, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , June Hughes
writes
That sounds like a very good idea. Work and family permitting, I would
be interested but from London would probably take the train.

June if I go, I will come via London and you are very welcome to a
lift.

I see that my server bounced an email from you last week. If you add a
1 after lea it will reach me - resend it so that I can see what you
said. I expect you were going to be in Wymondham at MiL, let me know
when you are there next time.
--
Judith Lea
Old 19-09-2006, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Judith Lea
writes
In article , June Hughes
writes
That sounds like a very good idea. Work and family permitting, I
would be interested but from London would probably take the train.

June if I go, I will come via London and you are very welcome to a
lift.

I see that my server bounced an email from you last week. If you add a
1 after lea it will reach me - resend it so that I can see what you
said. I expect you were going to be in Wymondham at MiL, let me know
when you are there next time.

I seem to have lost it but IIRC it was saying I hoped it wasn't me who
had upset you. I have to go to m-in-l's at some time to collect
something - bought a cast iron antique thing for the garden on ebay and
didn't realise how big it is, so it is going from Bury St Edmunds to
m-in-l's, although she doesn't know it yet.
--
June Hughes

Old 19-09-2006, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , June Hughes
writes

I seem to have lost it but IIRC it was saying I hoped it wasn't me who
had upset you. I have to go to m-in-l's at some time to collect
something - bought a cast iron antique thing for the garden on ebay and
didn't realise how big it is, so it is going from Bury St Edmunds to
m-in-l's, although she doesn't know it yet.

No, it wasn't you, as you know I don't get cross too often and I only do
so when I am misrepresented. I'm having great fun looking at what I
said years ago on Google, I still can't find anything bad that I may
have said, as has been stated by Puce, but if you can find something do
tell me!!!

I've had some lovely emails from those who would like to come to Norwich
and I'm looking forward to putting faces to urglers.
--
Judith Lea

Devon urg meet Sacha United Kingdom 2 16-05-2007 07:36 PM
urg meet Sacha United Kingdom 179 12-04-2007 04:38 PM
misinformation about urg meet here Sacha United Kingdom 2 25-02-2007 06:14 PM
Parallel lines in agriculture do meet? Phred sci.agriculture 7 30-03-2003 05:44 PM
++ Meet More Women Easily With Pheromones ++ [email protected] Ponds 0 25-01-2003 03:33 PM