Old 19-09-2006, 12:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
A. Pismo Clam[_1_] A. Pismo Clam[_1_] is offline

Default Ornamental grasses and ground covers

wrote:
I seem to have the gift or curse for growing. I have numerous quanities
of ornamental grasses. I need some info as to selling the grasses. I
have over 15 types winter hardy to zone 5, some 6. I have tried
container growing for sales, but the daily watering etc is too
difficult for my aging body. I have the capibility of selling multiple
sizes, from starter to huge specimen type. I live in remote area so
local sales are slim. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you

Depending upon where you live, you might want to contact your state's
"native plant society", that is, if your plant materials are native to
your area. They usually have plant sales around this time of the year;
they may purchase them from you.

Secondly, you could contact some local nurseries; they may purchase some
or all of what you have.

You could also contact your local department of public works or parks
department They often times have projects that require grasses and
ground covers.

Failing all these, you could just donate them to a local garden club.
Just getting "out from under" might be worth the call[s].