Old 19-09-2006, 03:41 PM posted to rec.ponds
© © is offline

Default canadian pond

sue wrote:
I live in Saskatchewan ,Canada and the winters are very cold here.I mean -20
to -30 c on average .I have been putting my large koi inside in the past but
now they are too big.My pond is apr 600 -750 gal with 2 1/2 feet at the
deepest and I would like to try a de icer.Anyone out there in cold canada
that has tried this please help,thanks.

I live in southern Ontario and I disconnect my pump hoses and just let
them run in one confined area so it allows one small area of the pond
to create a hole so deadly gases escape.

My pond is also only 2.5 feet deep but it probably doesn't get as cold
as in Saskatchewan.

My problem with heaters is when it gets cold they will run continuously
and have you seen the price of electricity these days ?