Old 17-02-2003, 05:51 AM
Chester Deja

Default rapsberry pruning???

I bunch of invaluable great help from everyone! Thanks!!!

(Chester Deja) wrote in message om...
I planted new rapsberry stock last year. One July bearer (Red
Latham?) which flourished great but produced no fruit and an
everbearer (yellow 'Gold'' rasberry) which did not grow too well but
still produced fruit up till and past first frost.

How do I prune these two types of berries? I heard that you cut the
everbearer off near the ground and for the July bearer you just prune
it's branches off the main canes leaving the canes.

A friend of mine cuts all his canes off near the ground because they
will not produce the second year. I don't want to just leave mine
alone and let that happen.

Any info or resources is appreciated.