Old 19-09-2006, 11:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default Ping Eggs

wrote:
Steveo said:

wrote:
Steveo said:

Yeah good to go with your advice so far man. I inoculated the seed
using milk and molasses for the slurry and planted it 10 days ago on
a drainage culvert here in N. Ohio. It's coming up like gang busters
so I'm good to go with germination.

Perhaps a bit early on your planting, though. Any chance to reseed at
a more "natural" time? And, what rate did you sow? I think the MoDOT
uses 15lb per acre, along highways and ditches, here.

Early? Most of the on-line instruction I could find suggested fall
sowing, and the weather has been near perfect for it..germination looks
really good. I'll straw it again right before the first frost to try
and extend its growing season and help protect it.

Just saying that it's not quite fall. Crown vetch around here doesn't
really drop it's seeds until mid-late October, IIRC. When's your first
frost?

In a few weeks usually. The plants won't be anywhere near mature by then,
they're only about a half inch tall right now..