Old 19-09-2006, 11:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default cultural information on vanda tricolor var. suavis

Sorry; you also asked how often it blooms. Around three times annually for
me, and the flowers last a long time. Of course, the multiple bloom periods
could be due to the influence of Gordon Dillon, which in my experience is a
frequent bloomer.

Diana

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Hi, Steve,

I have a V. Gordon Dillon 'Lea' x tricolor v. suavis. The tricolor is
predominant. I grow it exactly like all my other Vandas: warm, very bright
light (with only screen protection), a good soaking daily, and fertilizer
at least weekly but generally twice weekly, at 1 tsp/gal.

It is fragrant, and is a very large plant. I can't answer the pot
question; none of our Vandas are in pots.

Jay Pfahl has it listed two ways; it appears to be moving in the direction
of V. suavis.

http://www.orchidspecies.com/vantricolo.htm

http://www.orchidspecies.com/vansuavis.htm

HTH