Old 20-09-2006, 02:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bruce Musgrove Bruce Musgrove is offline

Default What's in a Genus?

I'm soooooo confused ( as my daughter would say)

I guess I'll just write "orchid" in my word document is use tokeep trakc of
them.. That will cover all of them!

I would be interested , but it looks like you really need to be a plant
genetecists to figure it out, or have a unblemished traceable pedigree.

"wendy7" wrote in message
Welcome to the club Bruce, I have been an orchid hobbyist for 12yrs now &
still get befuddled.
This may help:-
http://retirees.uwaterloo.ca/~jerry/orchids/names.html

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Bruce Musgrove wrote:
Looking at some of my No ID orchids, that helpfull users on this game
have named for me, got me to wondering

Some items that I posted as a DGMRA no name (based on the visuals of
the Pseudobulb) have been ID as Odontocidium's . I also have
Vulystekeara's which look so simialr, I do not know what the
difference is.
Any pointers to sites that can give tutorials, or books? The Ortho
books I have don't get that specific?

Sigh. Eventually You can quite holding my hand