Old 20-09-2006, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Planting Crocus Bulbs

, I, Marvo, say :

The message
from Andy contains these words:

Hi,

When is the right time to plant crocus bulbs? Is it OK to do it now
or should I wait until late October? I live in Winchester UK.

Now is fine for planting crocus (and daffodils).

Unless you live near me. We had ridiculously summery weather oop 'ere until
about November. That might account for it. Or they might have been duff
bulbs I got. They were Unwins. Someone else planted some out of the same box
though, in Surrey, but later in the year, and they were all fine. Mine
rotted.