Old 20-09-2006, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris S Chris S is offline

Default raspberry bushes

"Little Weed" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
I'm planning on moving the existing raspberry bushes on my allotment.
They have been there for at least 12 years, and don't appear to have
fruited this year. They need to be cut back from their growth through a
fence - how severely can I cut them without causing damage? I'm really
hoping to keep them
LW

Hi, I think you should get new canes and start again - 12 years old and no
fruit last year isn't worth keeping. Try the new canes in a new patch of
ground.

Chris S