Old 21-09-2006, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Lawn spiking. Does anyone know What & where we hire one from?

, I, Marvo, say :

"tina" wrote in message
But you
should probably hire a lawn aerator from your local tool hire place.

Thanks for that advice Steve. Having done a quick search on Google I
have found one thats £70 per day to hire. It seems a bit expensive,
but is that what i should expect to pay?

Thanks

Errr, I don't know, my lawn is the size of a postage stamp so I've
never hired one. Maybe several of you could get together to split the
cost, and have a mass lawn spiking day?

http://www.tvtoolhire.co.uk/pricelist/heating.html

7 squid for a day. That's what you expect to pay, obviously they'll want a
refundable deposit.

All they are is a roller with spikes on, sometimes a very heavy one,
sometimes fillable with water so they are easy to transport. I've used one
donkey's years ago and it was quick and easy. However, it didn't seem to do
much good :-)

Worms are better. I don't know how you encourage worms to get under your
lawn but I bet somebody here does.