Old 21-09-2006, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default ailanthus altissima - really

Des Higgins wrote:
most surveyors would not know the difference between an Ailanthis and a
Haddock;

)) I think it's something to do with the speed in which the ailanthis
is growing. But then again so many other plants grow at that speed ...
Again, I would put it to the media, which due to lack of news, time of
year or just for the sake of a story, scare the population with yet
again 'invading poisonnous trees'. That 'invading' word plays on your
psychy you know, much more than the word 'poisonnous'.

Rhodendron ponticum = tree of hell

Now you're talking. Mine's a potted ponticum - best place for it.