Old 21-09-2006, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Coirpith

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

Coirpith, an eco-friendly growing medium

Coirpith is a waste material from the coir industry and is ideal for
gardening and horticultural needs. Coir pith is also known as coco
peat or coir dust. This homogenous material composed of millions of
capillary micro-sponges, absorb and hold water up to eight times
it's own weight.

Vayalar Coirpith Products is a leading producer and exporter of coir
pith products in South India . They produce coir pith blocks and
coir pith grow bags with low and high and high EC as per client
specifications.

That's nice. We could use it over here. How much carbon dioxide is
released into the atmosphere when you transport it thousands of miles
across the ocean?

Probably about the same amount as other things that *you* eat, wear
or use. We do not grow rice in Yorkshire (yet)

Yes. We have no bananas. Either.

I don't eat rice except with takeaway curry, as we don't grow it. Yet. And
I make a BIG point of not buying/eating anything we don't grow. I think
I'm alone :-)

So you do eat rice. BTW the rest of the curry probably has little or no UK
grown food. How do you extrapolate your anti foreign goods feelings into
other aspects of your life?