Old 22-09-2006, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Coirpith

, I, Marvo, say :

In message
"Uncle Marvo" wrote:

this in
How do you extrapolate your anti foreign goods feelings into other
aspects of your life?

I don't have an anti-foreign-goods feeling, I have an
anti-releasing-carbon-dioxide-into-the-ozone-layer type of one.

To be pedantic the problem is with carbon dioxide in the lower
atmosphere (troposphere) wheras the ozone layer is in the
stratosphere.

Good point. CO2 is heavy so presumably won't get to the ozone layer until
the rest is full :-)

More to the issue dried coir is very light so energy requirements of
transporting will be small. OTOH Draining peat bogs allows them to
oxidise which releases large quantities of carbon dioxide.

Hm. Why do people insist on raping the planet? Ah yes, I remember. Money.

An anti-releasing-carbon-dioxide feeling is all to the good -
especially in terms of personal transport - see sig.

Good man!

Regards

Paul