Old 22-09-2006, 04:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
nonnymoose nonnymoose is offline

Default Ping: Annonymoose

Jan Flora wrote:
In article ,
nonnymoose wrote:

Jan Flora wrote:
The fireweed in SC Alaska has bloomed out and is sending
seeds out on feathery plumes.

Do you still want some seed? Holler soon, as it's been windy.

Email a snail address and I'll mail some seed this week.

Jan
59N., 151W.

Hey, thanks for the offer Jan, but I'm living in the desert now and
fireweed wouldn't stand a chance here. :-(

Gee, you're bouncing around the west?

Which desert? I love the Sonoran desert around Tucson and love
all of northern Nevada -- the Great Basin?

It's fall up here. Berry picking time...

Jan

I'm on the edge of the Mohave/Sonora deserts, but on the Mohave side -
in the hills above the third hottest place in the country. *groan*
Predominant vegetation is creosote and teddy bear cholla. It's been real
difficult trying to grow anything because of the summer heat, and what
does grow is quickly wiped out by voracious rabbits, burros and
tortoises so even cactus needs to be surrounded by wire fencing. We're
in a real ghost town, NW AZ, population 7. It's a different lifestyle,
for sure.
Karen