Old 22-09-2006, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams[_2_] michael adams[_2_] is offline

Default Mustard - What is it good for

"Tim W" wrote in message
Dobies have given me a free packet of mustard seeds. Now I have spooned
mustard into a ham sandwich once or twice, even cooked with mustard seeds
but what am I supposed to get if I plant these Golden Streaks seeds? Do I
eat it? Am I supposed to make, er, mustard out of it? And what of the tale
of great trees growing from the tiny seeds? Any advice?

Tim w

Unfortunately they don't seem to have much of a leaf compared with
some other mustards

http://www.intercrop.co.uk/products....ssicas/21.html

there are loads of varities of mustards, especially popular in Chinese
cooking which can vary greatly in taste - bitterness/hotness and in size

http://www.evergreenseeds.com/musbroadleaf.html

They can be a lot of trouble if you find you don't like the taste.
Or the straggly leaves in this case.

michael adams