Old 23-09-2006, 05:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kyle Boatright Kyle Boatright is offline

Default Moles and ground thumpers

I have fought moles in our lawn for 3 falls, and they are back as of about
two weeks ago. I've done internet research, spoken with extension agents,
etc. I have tried grub killers and hose end "mole stop" products with no
success. Everything I've ever read and everything I've ever been told by
the local extension agents is that thumpers, grub killers, fumigation
products, hose end "mole stop" products, and all other non-lethal efforts
simply don't work against moles. My experience confirms some of that
research.

Today I went to the local Northern Tools where I'd seen mole traps. It was
my lucky day and they were making a seasonal inventory change and getting
rid of their mole traps. I picked up two for $2.45 each.

The moles in my Atlanta yard had better watch their furry little butts,
'cause there is a new sheriffs in town...

"L" wrote in message
nk.net...
Have been trying to get rid of moles without like (traps will be next).
I know two others who have tried thumpers in the ground they are not sure
if they work or not. Any experienced hands who would part with words of
wisdom.
Thanks in advance