Old 23-09-2006, 01:38 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default Ants II.b.1.

This isn't exactly on topic WRT little black ants, but
I was thinking about it yesterday as I watched the
hummingbirds. I've never noticed them doing it here
in North Carolina--we don't have as many hummers here
as we did in Louisiana, and I"ve got less time for
looking at them. But if you've got those tiny ants
in your yard, and a hummingbird feeder, you've probably
had the ants find the feeder.

I was recalling yesterday how I'd watch the hummingbirds
hovering above the feeder, picking the ants off the
wire holding the feeder. :-) "This is great--if you
get them coming back UP the wire, they're stuffed full
of sugar water!" :-)

http://www.duke.edu/~kuzen001/spinaltap.htm
Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001