Old 23-09-2006, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Mustard - What is it good for

"Jim S" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:24:50 GMT, Tim W wrote:

Dobies have given me a free packet of mustard seeds. Now I have spooned
mustard into a ham sandwich once or twice, even cooked with mustard

seeds
but what am I supposed to get if I plant these Golden Streaks seeds? Do

eat it? Am I supposed to make, er, mustard out of it? And what of the

tale
of great trees growing from the tiny seeds? Any advice?

Tim w

Farmers do use it as green manure, by digging it in. However I believe
that's from an August sowing. Better than chucking them in the bin.
--
Jim S

Jim
I have heard mustard plantsv are good at sterilising soil. Know anything
about that claim?

rob