Old 24-09-2006, 02:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bruce Musgrove Bruce Musgrove is offline

Default What's in a Genus?

Ahhh. You mean the 15 tags I saw on the floor next to the $8.95 "as is"
special at home depot today?

MY wife couldn't even beleive I was looking at them. Shriveled leaves,
Pseudobulbs as thin as the leaves and as limp as wet pasta.... "Well the
roots look healthy hon....... I'm sure they'll be fine with a little TLC....
NO not The Learning Channel!"

I have got to get my doctor to increase my medicine!.

"Bill" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi all, There is no way to tell from psudobulbs as all oncidiinae grow
the same way-- you can tell oncidiinae from cattleyas & dendrobiums but
all species {or almost all} and all hybrids have the same bulbs some
are larger than others & some are round some elongated but they all
grow the same way--- that's what tags are for !!! G Bill