Old 24-09-2006, 04:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Nancy G. Nancy G. is offline

Default What's in a Genus?

Bruce Musgrove wrote:
Ahhh. You mean the 15 tags I saw on the floor next to the $8.95 "as is"
special at home depot today?

MY wife couldn't even beleive I was looking at them. Shriveled leaves,
Pseudobulbs as thin as the leaves and as limp as wet pasta.... "Well the
roots look healthy hon....... I'm sure they'll be fine with a little TLC....
NO not The Learning Channel!"

I have got to get my doctor to increase my medicine!.

Sometimes you can get some nice plants on the mark down table.
Occasionally, they will still have reasonably accurate tags. One of the
members in HODOS had one awarded during its next bloom cycle after
buying it at a Lowes. Just look them over carefully to assess the
damage to old growth. They may have new growth or beginning buds on
old spikes that most people don't recognize unless they are familiar
with orchids. I bought an oncidium NOID for $.25, I used it to
demonstrate repotting to the orchid group. Trying to be more
selective, but for a quarter??? And it went to a good home after the
meeting.

Happy growing,

Nancy