Old 24-09-2006, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Cap Andy Cap is offline

Default Fuchsias Advice Needed

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:42:58 +0100, the swede
wrote:

I was at my local gardening show a few weeks ago and saw some lovely
fuschias which were like little trees in pots. Can anybody tell me
what kind of fuchsias they could be and how do you grow them to get
like this.

IANAE but once was taken by these an bought a couple in pots for the patio.
I lost both of them over winter from the cold and only learnt later that they
should have been provided with some protection because they are not frost hardy.

Is this a variety thing or do all standards have to be 'homed' in the winter ?

Andy