Old 24-09-2006, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
EddSmith EddSmith is offline

Default which ride on mower

Hello,

Pretty much every mower these days have Briggs & Stratton engines so
are all reliable and parts are very easy to find and quite cheap.
I have recently changed over to using John Deere for the mulching
option they provide, the mulching deck on the mower I have is very
good, in fact the only mower I have used that has a mulching deck that
works.
For using on 1 acre every fortnight or so I would go for a generic ride
on mower, because as I mentioned before all the engines are the same.
I would go as far to say that everything is the same except the colour
of the body panels. I had been using one to mow commercial sites for
3 years without any problems, working it about 25hrs per week, 32 weeks
of the year.

I would be more than happy to advise you of the makes and models to
look out for if you are interested.

EddSmith

www.charleylandscapes.com
http://groups.google.com/group/charleylandscapes