Old 24-09-2006, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default raspberry bushes

Little Weed wrote:
The problem has been sorted out for me. I discovered today that the
council has installed a new fence on my (boundary) allotment. I didn't
know anything about it and the redcurrant bushes were chopped out in
the process. They had purely sentimental value, but the roots of one of
the plants were left behind so who knows.
Yours Grumpily
LW

Here's a long shot for you. If the old bushes were dumped on or near
the site, and it was a short time ago, it's not impossible that they're
still alive enough to provide you with a salvageable plant or some
cuttings -- if they're under a layer of other stuff, the roots of at
least one of them may still have life in them. Plants sometimes put up
with an astounding degree of abuse. I'd investigate: sentimental value
is the greater part of gardening, after all. Meanwhile, cherish the one
they left behind: it may or may not shoot from the remaining stem in
the spring.

--
Mike.