Old 21-03-2003, 08:56 PM
saki

Default Good Lavender Miniature Roses Rose rescue

Radika Kesavan wrote in news:b5fsln$296udo$4@ID-
155555.news.dfncis.de:

saki wrote:

Don't forget another superb lavender miniature, Scentsational. The
fragrance is quite profound, very honey-based, and the color a terrific
mid-lavender with bright yellow stamens.

REALLY (and I do occasionally shout for Joy on the Usenet g)? A truly
fragrant miniature? And a lavender one at that? OK. I shall have to do
this forthwith. From where, D.?

Mine was given to me. But you can get it (HelpMeFind says) from Michael's
Premier Roses, The Uncommon Rose, Tiny Petals, and Nor'East Miniature Roses
(who introduced it).

Lovely lavender blossoms in exhibition bud form opening to 2 1/2" blooms;
fragrance is quite intoxicating, particularly from a mini. It's as heady as
any full-sized rose, even when only one or two blossoms are open.

Bush habit is also quite nice, about 12-18" tall and spreading 2 feet or
so. I have it growing on the front porch in a 5-gal tub, elevated on a
stand so it can be better seen and enjoyed.

Along with Yantai it's my favorite mini for use in the landscape. Oh, and
Hoot Owl too.

----