Old 24-09-2006, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
clarissa clarissa is offline

Default Dierama pendulem?

Hi I am once again turning here for answers after searching all my books
and garden centres. I have finally found the lovely plant Dierama pendulem
(or Angels' Fishing Rod) which I seen growing so beautifully on the Oregon
coast. So how can I keep the corm alive through our winter here - which may
go down to 0-4 C (30-40 F). for a few days during the winter. Should I
plant it and let it get more healthy before I take it up and put it in the
garage for the winter. Should I store the corm with or without dirt, dry or
water once in a while. Or - should I leave it in the ground (the sunny spot
where it would grow best is not very sheltered) and cover with some dried
leaves? I would very much appreciate some help. Thanks Jean