Old 24-09-2006, 08:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan Carl 1 Lucky Texan is offline

Default Need help on starting a tree growing nursery

Mehrzad wrote:

I am retiring this year and hope to start my life long dream of growing
trees. I have a 5 acre property in North Phoenix with water. While I
am not expecting to get rich doing this, I hope I do not loose my
saving and have a moderate income.

I have no experience and I need to learn fast. Could anyone guide me
to some websites, groups... Or even if there are professional
consulting..

thanks

At first glance, I would suggest growing palms. Travelers or Triangle .

As an alternative, you might consider leasing your land to a local
nursery, might be less hassle for you.

Try posting here;
http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/region_sw/all/

Many Arizonan gardeners and landscapers read here. Also, some local
nurseries might be able to help you decide what the future demands could be.

I dunno

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)