Old 21-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Tracy Lorraine Smith

Default Good Lavender Miniature Roses Rose rescue

I got lucky a few years ago and stumbled on a miniature
called "Lavender Jewel", very bloomiferous, nice size,
nice foliage, great flowers that are mauve with a
reddish blush where the sun hits them. Alas, no
fragrance however... But it usually has blooms on
it from May-September!

Tracy Lorraine Smith Boulder, CO Zone 5
still under two feet of snow...

Radika Kesavan wrote:
saki wrote:

Radika Kesavan wrote in
:

If you really, really want to give a miniature rose a try, I would
recommend this one I got a couple of years ago at Mack's hectoring -
Lavender Sunblaze. Quite the beauty of vigour, bloom and health.

Don't forget another superb lavender miniature, Scentsational. The
fragrance is quite profound, very honey-based, and the color a
terrific mid-lavender with bright yellow stamens.

REALLY (and I do occasionally shout for Joy on the Usenet g)? A truly
fragrant miniature? And a lavender one at that? OK. I shall have to do
this forthwith. From where, D.?