Old 26-09-2006, 03:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze[_1_] Snooze[_1_] is offline

Default Agway fertilizer and Scotts broadcast spreader - what setting???

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks, another thing that I've been reading online is that this Scotts
spreader doesn't have a hole big enough to accomodate some lime pellet
products. I probably won't be using any Scotts products, would I be
better off bringing this one back and buying a generic spreader? Is
Scotts the "Betamax" of lawn care products? Do they make it so if you
buy their spreader you need to buy their products as well?

Scotts spreaders are designed to evenly spread uniformly sized fertilizer
granules, if you're going to use a product with larger pellets, I can see
the pellets getting clogged in the hopper or not coming out at the ideal
rate.

Most big box stores have a fairly liberal return policy, try it out, if the
flow rate is weak, just make 2 passes. If it gets clogged, return it for
something with a larger orifice.

-S