Old 26-09-2006, 04:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst Chas Hurst is offline

Default Ground Cover for Shade Area

"Jerry" wrote in message
oups.com...

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm in mid-western Wisconsin and I have a camper parked at a resort. My
spot has some thick pines that block out most of the sun so very little
grass grows. The soil is very loose and brown. On a dry day it's easy
to kick up a cloud of dust from the lot. I'd like to plant some sort of
ground cover to reduce the amount of dirt and mud that enter the
camper. Would clover work for this type of environment? Do you have
other suggestions? I'd rather have something that doesn't require a lot
of maintenance as we're usually only there on weekends.

--
Jerry

Indoor-outdoor carpet is the only thing I can think of off hand.

I thought about that too. One thing I forgot to mention is that we have
two dogs. I'm not sure if their pee and poop will wash out in the rain
or with a hose? Their one of the big reasons for seeking ground cover
so their muddy paws don't track dirt into the camper. We've been wiping
their paws whenever they come in from the rain and we're fine with that
but it's a pain.

--
Jerry

Have you considered moving? What sort of resort has no sun?