Old 25-09-2006, 12:12 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default weed control

wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a little help with my outdoor area. Its made of bricks and moss
and weeds coming threw. it has direct sunlight but is always moist.
Cant change it as im only renting. Can anyone recommed a weed killer
that kills both weeds but is gentle around pets.

i'd keep the moss - mossy bricks are pretty!

for broadleafed and many other weeds growing on/in paths or patios etc, just
boil the kettle & pour the boiling water on them. (magic). (the only type of
weed that this treatment just won't work for is tough spindly grasses you
can't flatten enough to give them a decent dose of boiling water.) failing
all that, roundup or zero, but go the boiling water first. they'll die
immediately, or they won't - then you can proceed to plan b only if they
don't.
kylie